Chestnut Hill in Darien Center fired off an email blast today, announcing the release of its first-of-its-kind smartphone golf course app. Available for IPhone and Android operating systems only, the application features gps for the Chestnut Hill course, a scorecard, hole descriptions, Facebook link for bragging and much more.
The club gives step-by-step instructions which, with the exception of the body shot to my Blackberry, are simple, direct and manageable:
1. You must have an iPhone or Android phone. (Sorry, Blackberry owners. Time to upgrade!)
2. Go to the Apple App Store or Android Market and search for “Chestnut Hill Golf.”
3. Find the app and download it. It will take just a few minutes.
4. Open the app and explore.
5. To start a round, press on “Start/Continue Round/GPS.”
6. Follow the setup instructions.
7. Click “Begin Round.” Follow prompts to set up your scorecard.
8. Once your scorecard is set up press on Hole 1. Here you’ll find information about the hole, GPS for our course, and where to mark your score for the hole.
9. ENJOY! And don’t forget to tell your friends.